What is Moon Bathing?
You may have heard of moon bathing before but might not know what all
the fuss is about. It has for a long time been known that the Moon
affects the Earth’s oceans and rivers with its gravitational pull, which
is at its greatest during its New and Full phases. Since our bodies are
estimated to be composed of about 80% water, it should be clear that
the Moon has an effect on the water contained within our own body.
In a regular bath, moisture is actually extracted from the skin. In a
Himalayan Salt Bath, minerals are absorbed while toxins are released
into the bath water via osmosis. The inside and the outside of your body
detoxified through this process, while bio-energetic weak points are
restored and energy flow is activated.
When To Do Them
Full Moon = Healing. During a Full Moon, healing potential is at its peak, meaning the mineral absorption is optimized.
New Moon = Cleansing.
During a New Moon, cleansing is at it’s peak, meaning the body’s
ability to internally and externally detoxify itself is at it’s highest
Anytime. Salt Baths are healing and detoxifying anytime, but are said to be more powerful during New and Full Lunar Cycles.
Here are the dates for this year:
- The detox effect of a sole (brine) bath is equivalent to that of a 3 day fast!
- Contains over 84 minerals and elements and is known as the purest salt on earth.
- Reduces acidity and inflammation in your body and balances the pH of your skin.
- Produces spiritual and mental balance, lightens depression and
negativity, regulates sleep, relieves stress and restores all around
- Helps reduce inflammation of sprains, strains of muscles and
joints, relieves pain and soreness from broken bones, arthritis and
rheumatism, osteoarthritis, tendinitis.
- Stimulates circulation, promotes cellular regeneration and moisture retention in dry, irritated skin.
- Helps heal various skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis,
allergic and recurrent infections, insect bites, blisters and provides
relief from poison ivy, oak or sumac.
What You Need
Himalayan Crystal Salt
Moon Phase Calendar
Glass of Water (to drink)
- Dry Brushing before hand loosens dead skin cells, increases circulation and opens pores to intensify detoxification.
- The correct concentration of salt is critical to maintain 1%
solution (about 500g per 27-32 gallons of water in a full, average-sized
- Light a candle – combining energies like fire, water, earth and air can be spiritually cleansing
- Drinking a glass of water is helpful in releasing toxins during the bath
- Shower first, to avoid using bath additives like soap, shampoo, conditioner or shaving cream in your Salt Bath.
- Fill tub with about 3 inches of hot water
- Add Himalayan Crystal Salt and stir until dissolved
- Finish filling tub with very warm, but not hot water (about 37° celsius)
- Submerge as much of your body as possible and soak for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Sip your glass of water until finished!
- Don’t rinse off
- Allow skin to air-dry or gently pat dry
- Skip the moisturizer – let your skin breathe
- Rinse tub
- Rest for 30 minutes
- Interesting Facts
Sole bath water will remain at a constant temperature if a true, 1%
solution is used. The biophysical composition of the salt solution is so
strong, that it actually causes the molecules to move in a constant
rhythm. When this happens, organ functions begin to resonate with the
rhythm – activating the body’s self-healing powers.
temperature and ionic makeup of the brine bath is comparable to that of
the amniotic fluid in the prenatal state… providing warmth, comfort and